Big Sandwiches


That’s a Schwarburger that is being served at Phillies games this year.

I also saw a photo of a sandwich being served in Pittsburgh - it’s a pot roast sandwich that is loaded with at least a half a dozen pierogis.

The best sandwich that I ever had at a baseball game was the prime rib sandwich that set me back $22 at Yankee Stadium.

My brothers were with me. We had to get them.

Yet, there is also a sandwich at Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City that is an absolute monster of a sandwich and that comes with a great story.

I was going to KC and then onto Boston. I told my traveling secretary - my son, Sam, to get me tickets to games in each city.

He printed them off and slipped them into my bag. I got to KC and saw the sandwich.

A brisket sandwich that includes an Italian sausage, about a pound of cheese, onion rings and Mac and Cheese.

It was my dinner.

I handed my ticket to the security guard as I balanced the sandwich and he pointed me to the very front row - directly behind first base.

I got to my seat as the first batter worked a walk.

The pitcher stepped off and threw to first as I bit my sandwich.

My phone chimed.

I looked down at a photo of me - biting the sandwich!

The caption said:

“How’s your sandwich, Fatso?”

Sam was watching the game on the Yes Network and he knew right where I was seated.

He stopped the feed and took a photo of me in mid-bite.

Pretty great stuff…

…really great sandwich.

I ordered it twice more on trips to K.C.

Yet, here’s the thing:

I can’t eat a sandwich that big anymore.

I wouldn’t even try the Schwarburger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie