Digging Out

I guess that one of the cool things about the winter is that you feel a little rejuvenated by the first cleanup of the yard every spring.

We bought a new mower!

Of course, I was worried about being able to get it up and running as it comes in a big box. Yet, on Thursday I mentioned that we needed to get a mower and get it operational by Friday afternoon because we were on the verge of having our neighbors get a petition together to throw us out of the ‘hood.

A credit card and a phone can get almost anything to the front door these days.

“Ordered the mower,” Kathy said. “It’ll fit into the back of the SUV.”

An hour later, it was here, and I opened the box and unfolded it.

I’ll spare you the angst, but I did get it started and it felt good to mow the meadow. Then the weed-whacking, and the heavy sighs because of the garage full of furniture and discarded appliances and two shot mowers.

I pulled out the tables and chairs, raked a few leaves, moved some of the garage crap around, wondering about big garbage day, and then I shut the garage door for the night.

I was tired.

The good news was that so was Oliver. 

He played 3 full games of football catch, chased me as I mowed, and gathered all the sticks he could find and placed them into a huge pile.

He ate two bowls of food and then nestled up to me on the couch.

“Was good to see the sun,” I said. “Even if it took a toll on my back.”

“I think it gets cold again next weekend,” Kathy mentioned.

Bah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie