Shooting From the Logo

Prior to the start of basketball practice - way back more than 40 years ago - we would take shots from half court.

Well, I would because I was Steph Curry before he was.

It was fun to try to hit those long shots and every once in a blue moon they’d go in.

In my junior year we had a good team and it was a lot of fun - I came off the bench and mostly when the home fans chanted “We want Fuzzy.”

“Get in there and take your shot and get out. Don’t try to dribble,” Coach Loretto would tell me.

I had great teammates too and usually I’d get the ball first time down and I’d shoot a bomb, make it, and then return to the bench.

I also hit one as time expired at the end of a quarter and it was way out there. I got to try and do it again a whole bunch of times - never made another one.

I take this stroll down memory lane because I watched a clip of Iowa basketball star Caitlin Clark practicing long shots.

Perhaps she modeled her game after Curry (or maybe she saw old footage of North Collins games from the early 80’s) - either way…

…She can shoot!

And Clark is a can’t miss star who will be entering the WNBA next year.

Watching her hit 35’, 40’, 45’ jumpers is truly something to see.

Seeing Curry drill shots from the seats, or way behind the half court line is also incredible.

“The NBA is now a three-point shooting contest,” Charles Barkley said the other day. “It’s boring.”

And I agree with Chuck - I agree with him a lot.

Maybe they have to raise the rim or move the line back a bit because man…

…everyone can freaking shoot it!

Seven-footers drilling 3-pointers.

Girls doing it!!!

See what I started?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie