Juice


I have a lot of good buddies from the early days of my life. I know what they were all thinking about when they heard the news that O.J. died.

“Man, he was my favorite as a kid.”

How could he not be?

He was a true superstar - the greatest running back in the early 1970’s.

We all knew where we were when he went for 2,000 yards in a season.

A couple of years later, he held out for more money. I recall agonizing over it.

Just pay him! He’s the best and he’s a great guy!

I was just a kid.

I was wrong.

But, O.J. was cultivated. He was arrested for beating up his first wife.

Three weeks later he landed a huge national contract. They put him in movies, and on the football pre-game shows.

All the while his new wife was calling the police screaming:

“He’s going to kill me!”

His murder trial was embarrassing. It also captivated the country and turned the news into ‘breaking news’ moneymaking broadcasts.

In recent years, O.J. returned to social media to comment on football and other sports. Those comments were something to behold.

Yet, the criminal thing of the coverage yesterday was that sports broadcasters all over the nation were saying epically stupid things like:

“He had a complicated past, but he was one of the greatest football players ever.”

They then read his list of honors.

I don’t care how many yards he ran for.

It doesn’t matter that he won the MVP.

He chopped up people with a knife and then tried to profit off it.

Maybe he tried to make amends with his version of God.

Perhaps he will be judged and eternally damned.

Let’s talk about Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman’s lives.

O.J. Didn’t accomplish a damn thing worth talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie