The Spring Mess

I tried to mow the lawn.

The mower stopped working after I made two healthy swipes across my front yard.

I know one thing about fixing a mower:

I checked the gas. There was plenty.

Not to fear! 

I have a second mower.

That one didn’t start either, and it too had gas.

“We need a new mower,” Kathy said.

Which was painfully evident, but I wasn’t about to go buy one that very minute…

…so I went to the weed whacker, but that wasn’t going to get done either as my sons had unplugged the charger so that they could charge their phones.

My next door neighbor, meanwhile, mowed her lawn, so now my uncut yard looks even worse…

…couple that with Ollie Stadium being an absolute disaster as he:

1). Collects sticks and makes a pile of them

2). He’s worn out the grass making a virtual infield

3). He takes a lot of dumps

4). There are leaves and balls scattered about.

What a mess!

I went to the garage.

It’s filled with junk…

…a hot tub that needs to be destroyed and hauled off…

…the old refrigerator…

…furniture dumped by a friend of Kathy’s who when asked about it said:

“Dump it, keep it, I don’t care.”

So, cleaning the garage is going to be a monumental task.

What to do, what to do?

I went back into the house and announced to the boys who just returned from Matt’s bachelor weekend in Vegas:

“We have a lot of work to do around here.”

“Not today,” they answered.

Yep.

Not today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie