Rent A Room?

As I noted earlier in the week, I have zero idea why the eclipse is such a huge deal, but the ramifications are being felt.

Hotel rooms are being rented at astronomical rates.

I’ve stayed in a Motel 6 and didn’t have any complaints - I like the rooms where your car is just on the other side of the curtain.

But $500 a night?

And that’s the best deal in town!

Most sites are being shut down and the best course of action may be to stay off the roads…

…a million people additional roaming the streets of our fair city?

More people means more trouble as well as everyone will need to drink and fight and shoot guns, or whatever people like to do to blow off steam.

I’m of the mindset to stay home and watch it all happen from the backyard with a pair of glasses, of course.

Yet, isn’t it amazing how the price gouging works?

Some of the hotel rooms are going for a couple of grand, and people are paying that!

Others saw the eclipse coming and booked the rooms a couple of years out at normal room rates…

…their reservations were ‘lost.’

They weren’t even allowed to rebook in some cases, or they did so at the crazy rates.

One guy spoke about how the surprise cancellation was costing him and his group of nerds…

…err…astronomers…

…lost $30 grand!

Again…

…it’s going to get dark for a few minutes!

It got dark last night…

…will get dark tonight too.

Ahhh, life is passing me by, I guess.

I certainly wouldn’t drop a grand or too to visit a place to watch it get dark and then light again.

But what do I know?

Maybe it will be more exciting than I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie