John Sterling Retires

As a Yankees fan I was sad to hear that legendary broadcaster John Sterling is immediately retiring.

“Theeeeee Yankeeeeeeesssss Wiiiiiiiinnnnn!”

Is the best call ever. I use that all the time. 

He also had some absolutely great home run calls 

“An A-bomb from A-Rod!”

“Bernie goes boom!”

There are hundreds more, and I even enjoyed his banter with Suzyan Waldman during the slow moments.

Sterling was born on the 4th of July - same as Uncle George.

He, of course, was a true homer and he was even worth a laugh now and again when he would start his home run call while the outfielder was standing under the ball making the catch.

Sterling is 85-years old.

Father Time is undefeated, but man, he could call a Yankees win, and he certainly knew the game.

It’s funny, but I grew up listening to Scooter and Frank White and they were the best.

It has transitioned to Michael Kay and Paul O’Neill and I enjoy them too…

…but John Sterling will be missed.

“Theeeeeee Yankeeeeeeesssssss Wiiiiinnnnn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie