Animals

There is a candidate for president who is using rage and hate as a campaign platform and every rally is another stage for him to spew absolute venom against human beings who aren’t white.

It bothers me greatly when he speaks of immigrants as animals.

I have a group of men that I’ve gotten to know. They’re from Guatemala. They frame houses, and they all whistle when they see me coming to alert each other that the safety guy has arrived.

They got in trouble a few years back, and I helped them with the fine, and I trained them in the proper procedures. The supervisor bought me a bottle of booze.

“This is the best!” He said. “Most popular booze in my homeland.”

It was horrendous. 

I brought it along on a golf trip and I have been teased endlessly by the guys who tried some.

(We still drank it).

Yet, our friendship has grown, and despite the men are here only on work visas - they aren’t illegals. 

They aren’t animals, either.

They love their family. They have friends. They work hard, and they’re needed because we are short on men who want to do such work.

Yet, when you’re selling hate and rage, you don’t mention the men and women who’ve crossed the line to work and to escape death in their own country.

And I don’t get it.

Go to a big city and sit down on the subway.

There are Asians, Hispanics, white men, black men, gay men and gay women…

…sharing the car.

Violent crime and crime in general are down across the board over the last few years.

Crimes being committed by illegal ‘animals’ is not out of control. In fact, most mass shooters are from a clear demographic:

17-25 year-old white men.

Those men are not considered animals…

…they’re considered mentally disturbed.

So, here we sit…

…some 7 months out of an election that one candidate shouldn’t even be eligible for…

…and the rhetoric will continue to deteriorate.

Animals?

Not even remotely true…

…even if their booze is horrible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie