Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

Zoom calls are sort of like group texts to me.

There are just way too many people involved and I’m not sure if anyone gets anything out of them.

I know I don’t.

I listened to a long regional meeting on zoom the other day. One of the first speakers spoke about how important it is to work together and he said:

“Teamwork makes the dream work.”

I almost hung up!

Nothing drives me crazier than nothing-speak and I heard a few more:

“Think outside the box.”

“Run it up the flag pole.”

Then there is the long-winded appreciation for the person who worked so hard to set up the call…

…and a few corny self-deprecating jokes that aren’t even memorable.

Of course there’s the ability to mute and usually those calls are set up so that you’re automatically muted so that the speaker isn’t interrupted.

Back in Covid days, there were a whole bunch of company zooms.

I put one on my phone and headed to my computer to check my emails.

I yelled:

“The f***ing internet isn’t working!”

In an attempt to get Kathy’s attention.

Instead, the speaker stopped dead and I noticed the look on his face.

“Please mute yourself, Cliff,” the speaker said. “We’ll see if we can get your internet working.”

Happens!

Didn’t someone get the boot from CNN for touching himself on camera?

Teamwork.

Makes the dream work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie