Four Years Ago

Saw a news notice from 4 years ago.

“Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson have Covid.”

Boy it took me back!

“Were you better off four years ago than you are now?”

That’s hardly a question now, is it?

Man, the world was upside down 4 years ago. We were all at home - for the most part - I still went to work every day, but jobs were slow.

We were all looking for fashionable masks…

…we all were hearing stories about guys who got Covid and ended up on ventilators.

Unfortunately, we all heard of people who died of it. I know of at least 5 people who were here 4 years ago, got Covid, and died early.

We were all watching the news and the daily press conferences.

Some people took horse pills. A scant few drank bleach.

All in all, it wasn’t much fun, but seeing that news report on Tom and Rita - who survived their Covid battle - truly rocked me a little.

Four years simply flies on by!

And Covid talk now is a non-existent.

I saw that the CDC said that coming down with Covid is no longer a reason to stay home from work.

Which is insane!

Four years ago, if you were around someone who tested positive you’d have to sit at home for a while until you tested positive.

There were people at the airport, making you fill out a form so they could track you.

What a weird moment in history.

We were scared! Toilet paper was hard to find. We were using hand sanitizers by the gallon.

And yet, I laugh at the people who still swear it was all an elaborate hoax to get us to take the vaccine jab so that we could be tracked.

Tell that to the 50-something men I know who died.

Were they in on the hoax?

They didn’t return and yell:

“Surprise!”

I am much better off now than I was 4 years ago.

So is Tom Hanks.

I’d rather not revisit that time of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie