Big Days @ Camp Clifford

By Wednesday night there were three television sets in the basement area so Sam and his buddy could watch 3 different games…

…and we are only at the play-in stage.

Tomorrow the college basketball games start at noon and will run until midnight.

“You going to be here at noon?” Sam asked.

“I have to work,” I said.

“Lame!”

Sam normally has Tuesday and Wednesday off each week - he made a few trades with his shifts so that he will be around for as many games as possible.

He couldn’t be any more fired up.

“Is this your favorite week of the year?” I asked.

“It’s not even close,” he said. “Every other week of the year is FOR this week.”

And the brackets are flying around.

He printed 50 copies and has been filling them out for fun.

“There’s something wrong with you,” I mentioned.

Yet, I have lived with this sort of excitement every March for decades as Sam’s craziness is much the same as my brother Jeff’s was.

Jeff also filled out brackets just for fun.

So, Camp Clifford will be hopping this week.

I’m hoping to submit a good bracket…

…God help Sam if I finish better than him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie