Francis Scott Key Bridge


So sad.

Obviously for the poor people who lost their lives when a ship hit the bridge support.

Also, for the fine people of Baltimore as that bridge was a thing of beauty.

I lived in Baltimore for about a year back in the early 90’s, and I came very close to staying there. I loved everything about that summer…

…I lived in an apartment complex with about 50 other 20-something friends. I went to about 40 Orioles games (last year at Memorial Stadium), and I played so much tennis that I couldn’t lift my arm for about three months.

I also visited with my cousins, and spent a lot of time with Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Lenny.

Glorious.

It was also the summer when I went on two boat rides in that very same body of water where the bridge collapsed.

I was on a boat with Gilligan, the Professor and Mary Ann - we anchored under the Francis Scott Key Bridge for the autograph session.

(That’s a whole ‘nother story that will be in the next book).

I also was in a small boat, not far from the bridge when a sudden storm threatened my life.

There were 3 males and 3 females on that tossing and turning boat…

…3 females and 1 male laid in the bottom of the boat as 2 men brought us to safety…

…you can fill in the blanks.

I thought of all of that in the moment when I heard of the collapse.

And those poor people in Baltimore…

…they have to feel as if they lost a friend.

.😢 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie