Free Albert the Alligator 🐊

The big local news is that an 11-feet alligator was removed from a Hamburg home.

Albert the alligator is over thirty years old, and he lives in a swimming pool. The people of the neighborhood are in a bit of an uproar because Albert was removed by the D.E.C.

My initial reaction was:

“Let the man keep the gator - the animal has not known any other life.”

But I read a little bit more on the subject, including the reasoning of one of the D.E.C. officials who was in on the repossession.

According to the report:

Albert was obese as well as malnourished.

Albert was not getting nearly enough sun and was living in an area that wasn’t up to code.

Also, Albert was swimming with elderly people and children.

It’s a reptile!

What would happen to Albert if he suddenly went reptilian and devoured a child?

Albert’s owner isn’t a trained caretaker, to the extent of where he should allow others to swim along side, Albert, right?

To be fair, I also read the response from the owner. He was ranting a bit and his rage against the government is real…

…yet, to keep an exotic creature one must follow the rules.

And I don’t know about you, but I don’t care how gentle Albert appears, I wouldn’t swim with him!

I don’t think anyone should…

…but I am a safety guy.

Free Albert???

I don’t know.

Maybe not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie