Kentucky Bites It

I usually fill out three brackets for the tourney - been entering the same company competition for about 30 years now.

Kentucky was my winner in the first bracket I filled out.

They didn’t make it past the first game…

…which brought me a few ball-busting texts and some snide comments.

“That’s why I fill out 3 of them.”

And I have no illusions - all three will probably be cooked by Monday.

Yet, it was great fun.

Sam definitely took advantage of his day off and a floor of the house where he could entertain his buddies as they watched 3 televisions.

“Yo, I found a bag of Chinese food in your room,” I mentioned.

“We ate most of it,” he said.

I handed him the bag, and we spent a couple of minutes clearing his beer cans.

“How’d Kentucky do for you?” He asked.

And it brought me back in time through all the years of March Madness.

I won the bracket challenge twice and watching the championship games those years goes down as two of the most stressful evenings of my life.

We used to pick all the teams out of a hat.

Before technology I’d make paper copies of 90 entries and circle in red or black.

Now a click takes me to the current standings…

…down goes Kentucky!

Two chances left…

…and Sam will most likely have a half-dozen more parties.

Madness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie