Yellow Stinky Sock

Weird how the mind works.

Was thinking of my older sister, Corinne, singing “We all live in a yellow stinking sock,” to the Beatles “Yellow Submarine.

We were just kids so it was more than 50 years ago.

Or my brother John saying:

“Don’t point that thing at me, it has a nail in it,” every time someone extends a finger in his direction.

And those little moments creep back into your mind from time-to-time.

I had a college roommate who had a million of them.

“I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous,” is one I use all the time.

Or, “I’ve told you a million times to stop exaggerating.”

And the brain seems to file away all those little moments.

My son, while in the 5th grade, was asked by his guidance counselor what he wanted to do when he grew up.

“I want to be a 5th grade guidance counselor,” he said.

The guy said:

“Let’s be serious!”

Jake asked:

“Is that not good enough?”

The guy called me, expecting me to be upset with how Jake handled such a serious question to a 10-year old.

I laughed.

Have never forgotten it.

As I stroll around the house singing:

“Yellow stinking sock. A yellow stinking sock.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie