Prayers for Ollie!!!

It’s been a scary, heartbreaking time around here and was totally unexpected.

Ollie - my buddy - and the best baseball and football player you ever saw - needed surgery to remove a damaged salivary gland.

A freaking tonsil removal basically.

He came home and was doing okay - a little lethargic but he was eating like a truck driver and hanging out.

On Friday though, he started sleeping a bit more. His temp was high. He stopped eating.

We took him to the vet for his checkup and they weren’t all that concerned.

“Needs time.”

My poor boy though…

…he was in obvious pain.

We took him in yesterday and he is now getting meds and antibiotics.

Let me tell you:

We are an absolute mess around here!

I sent a message to Kathy as she dropped Ollie off.

“Fix him! Whatever it takes! Or I’ll burn that place down.”

And we are very hopeful as he is a young, strong dog and he’s getting good care now.

“I can’t wait until he can eat,” I said. “He’s getting a $50 porterhouse,” I told Jake.

“And he deserves it,” Jake answered.

And you know what also breaks my heart about it?

Miller’s reaction.

He woke me up a half dozen times on Tuesday night.

If he could talk he’d be saying:

“Ollie is sick! Get your ass up!!!”

So, do me a favor:

Say a little prayer for my buddy, Ollie Bird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie