Rebirth

So, the Easter message is about rebirth, revival and rising again.

Those thoughts are kicking around naturally so it was easy to decide to watch the Diane Sawyer interview with the actor Jeremy Renner.

First off, we are Renner fans. He’s great in Mayor of Kingstown and he also plays a super hero in the Marvel movies (I didn’t see those).

And of course, he was badly injured in a snow plow incident in the winter. He was on a huge snow clearing machine, helping to clean out the entire neighborhood when it all went sideways.

Renner ended up crushed under the machine after saving his nephew’s life.

His injuries were devastating - more than 30 broken bones. It’s amazing that he didn’t die.

Yet, that’s not the important part.

The important part is that he sat for the interview with Diane Sawyer and he opened up about all of it.

The pain, the love, the amazing resolve to get up.

I can’t even begin to explain how touched I was by the interview and the incredible super human strength he has shown in getting up off the ground.

I sent a text to my son Jake who is also a huge fan, and we went back and forth about the incredible show of strength.

Selfishly when I heard about his accident I wondered if we’d ever get to see him act again.

He’ll be back.

A rebirth, a rising, redemption.

Watch it!

Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie