Hockey Players

During a playoff game the other night a hockey player caught a skate in the face.

There were ten minutes left in the first period and the player skated off, got 75 stitches, and then returned to play in the game!

75 stitches!

He did a post-game interview too and they asked him about his first thought after taking the blade.

“Well, it didn’t get my eye. I was trying to see if the puck went in. I thought I scored.”

Contrast that with a Yankees player who has been out a month because of a tight hamstring.

After being massaged and sitting in a hot tub for 30 days he went out on a rehab assignment.

He was DH-ing.

Hit a double.

After the game they announced that he was stopping all baseball activities for a couple of weeks because he felt a little grab in the hammy as he jogged into 2nd.

The Yankees currently have about ten players on the injured list!

They sneeze and they get 3 days off.

While they’re off, they somehow get more injuries. One of their pitchers - who got a $160 million deal - was held out of the start of the season because he felt a twinge in his elbow.

He now has a ‘barking’ back.

Is shut down.

I pulled a muscle on Sunday.

 Sick of the heating pad, but like the hockey player, I got right back out there.

Mantle played his entire career with a torn ACL.

What happened to sucking it up and battling through?

A tight hammy gets you a week off?

Under those guidelines the last time I have been healthy enough for work was about 1985.

75 stitches!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie