Summer in April!

The golf courses opened all across Western New York this week.

I busted my ass all week to try and get as many sites visited so I could hit the course at 2:00 on Friday.

When my eyes opened on Friday I told Miller:

“I’m golfing today!”

Miller, if he had the power to speak, would’ve said:

“Who cares? When is Ollie coming home?”

That news came through just before I hit my first tee shot.

Ollie was about ready and would make his triumphant return on Saturday morning.

But I was too fired up. I hit the first drive off the toe and way right. 

And then I settled in.

Turned to my buddy Scott as we headed to the 9th tee box.

“Man, this is fun.”

“The sun feels great,” he answered.

And I wonder would we feel such great relief if we lived in a place where the sun always shines.

“It’s gonna’ be in the 30’s on Tuesday,” Scott reminded me.

“Yeah, but we have a tee time on Sunday too.”

So, things are going all right at Camp Clifford as the weekend begins.

Ollie is coming home and the driver was hitting the ball straight and true.

If it’s 30 on Tuesday, we’ll deal with it.

When the sun comes back it’ll feel even better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie