Down Time

I don’t get sick a lot.

Knew it was starting on Thursday.

Head cold, chest and sinus congestion. The thought of Covid crossed my mind.

Felt worse on Friday.

By Saturday morning I knew that I’d be spending some time on the couch next to the recuperating dog.

Poor Ollie has been fighting the urge to play all week long. On Wednesday he picked up the football and dropped it in my lap.

“Not yet, buddy.”

So, I started in on some downtime and took a little cold medicine and felt enough energy to throw in some laundry, vacuum the dog’s area and watched the Yankees lose their first game of the year because the ump sucked.

Only 160 more games!

But knowing that it’s April now and we went from 65 degrees to 35 degrees with hail and rain and a threat of snow, I kind of tallied up what the hell happened in March:

1). Hip surgery rehab

2). Dog had surgery

3). Fatal accident at work

4). NCAA disaster

5). Bruce!

6). Yankees opened up…

…and I finish it all with a nasty cold. (Home text negative).

I can’t wait to golf!

It better happen in April!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie