Cranky & Tired

Was talking to the Head of the Department yesterday and he asked if I ever have a quiet day.

“You write 10-15 reports a day,” he said. “Is every day intense?”

And the question sort of caught me off-guard. You do things over and over and sooner or later it’s just your life.

“I get tired now,” I said. “Sometimes I’m cranky.”

He laughed.

But there certainly are days when the output looks better on paper.

Today, I felt a twinge in my back.

Saw 39 degrees on the car dash.

Rain for the weekend, putting golf in serious peril.

And the phone rang at 6:44.

“You up?” The customer on the other end of the line asked.

“Yeah. I’m letting the cat out.”

He laughed.

“Cats don’t have to go out.”

“What the hell do you want?” I asked.

“Are you cranky?” He asked.

“Yeah. And tired.”

“There’s no time for that,” he answered. “And no one cares.”

Exactly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie