Working for a Living

Was weird having so many days off with the snowstorm and then the Holiday.

I was actually looking forward to getting back out there on Monday.

Made it through Wednesday and damn!

I’m tired already!!

We need to knock a day off the work week and add a 3rd day off each week.

Has anyone suggested that?

Let’s get a petition started.

Last weekend a city inspector was out on the job for the snow cleanup.

I knew the man professionally for 30 years…

…as a city inspector, he was tough!

But through the years, I learned to get along with him as we were both inspecting sites to make sure they were safe. 

We sometimes did that from opposite sides of the equation.

During the snow cleanup the inspector ended up in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

The worst possible thing happened as he was struck by a large piece of equipment and tragically lost his life.

Sixty-seven years old…

…he was still out there working.

He should’ve been home watching reruns of ‘Modern Family.’

And it made me think…

…are we living our lives just for work?

Not sure.

I’ll

Miss my work acquaintance.

And I gotta’ go.

At 58 years old, I have to leave for work by 6 a.m.

Crazy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie