Christmas Songs

I may have brought this up in previous December blogs, but I’m not a fan of Christmas songs.

“Santa Claus is Coming to Town” by Bruce is the exception, of course, but man, there are so many that just make me cringe.

“White Christmas” in particular makes my skin crawl and I bring it all up because I saw Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra do a rendition of it on the old Frank Sinatra Show.

Bing was looking out the window, drinking a water glass of whiskey and he just started singing because a few snow flakes fluttered by.

Meanwhile, Frank was puttering around in the background looking at Bing and thinking ‘WTF?’

I couldn’t take my eyes off how cheesy all of it was and the lyrics bit into me.

Bing and Frank should’ve been here a few weeks ago when I had 8 freaking feet of snow on top of our vehicles.

Or this freaking weekend when they’re calling for a shit ton more.

Bing sang a few verses and then Frank sauntered over (he was much cooler than Bing).

Frank looked out the window and Bing said, “Don’t just stand there,” and so Frank sang a verse.

Then they sang it together, smiling all the way through.

I didn’t break into song when the snow was flying last month.

I entered a convenience store a little later that day and the music was playing loudly through two huge speaker.

Rudolph.

Ugh!

I looked at the clerk who seemed to be on the verge of losing her ever-loving mind.

“Enjoying the music?” I asked.

“Shoot me,” she said. “Please kill me.”

I laughed.

“This is the fifth time I’ve heard Rudolph today.”

Poor girl.

‘Tis the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie