Let’s All Go to the Movies

🍿 

🎥 

We watched a lot of movies over this little pregnant pause.

I was surprised that I liked the Top Gun II movie - I never even saw the first one and when Kathy put it on, I groaned. Tom Cruise is a tad weird.

But it was good. High drama, good story, old guy does good.

Movie 2 was a Jake recommendation - Whiplash - J.K. Simmonds was outstanding (won the Oscar for it) but somehow we had missed it.

Strongest movie of the weekend!

Laughed, cried, thoroughly entertained.

Movie 3 was “The Glass Onion” and while we liked it and it kept us guessing, had good actors, some laughs…

…it kind of twisted the script a little much to be considered great writing.

I had an editor who once told me:

“You wrote yourself into a pickle with that character, a sudden tornado is too convenient.”

The script just had too many conveniences - I liked the first one better.

Then there was the horror flick, “The Smile.”

It was brutal!

The violence was over the top, but the story was all right and had to deal with the bad dude smiling right before the violence started.

The ending was a bit of a surprise, and we laughed at it being insane. 

That night I had a dream.

Was on a job site - talked to a half dozen guys and as I was walking away, an old woman came up to me and smiled.

Dreaming me yelled, “No!” And I took off in a sprint before I could witness the violence, or I would be the next one cursed.

I kept running…was three blocks away…when the entire job site blew up.

I woke in a cold sweat, freight trains running through the middle of my skull.

Got back to the couch the next morning as Kathy was searching for another movie.

“Let’s go lighter on the horror.”

I mentioned the dream and she laughed.

“Ah well, we always have ‘Modern Family’ if we need it.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie