Christmas Movies

I’m not a fan of Christmas series and cartoons and movies. 

Of course, as a kid we watched all those cartoons over and over.

Poor Frosty. The abominable snowman who needed his teeth pulled.

I watched parts of Elf a couple of weeks ago, and it didn’t seem funny anymore.

Christmas Vacation was also one I liked - Chevy Chase was a big star for awhile there.

And of course, “It’s a Wonderful Life” was a great movie, but I can live without seeing another Christmas-themed show.

The Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies are insufferable.

Beautiful, brilliant girl who left the small town for the big city is forced to return to town to help her parents prepare for what might be their last Christmas. 

When she comes to town she crashes her car into a truck driven by the guy she secretly loved back in high school who treated her badly.

She hates him!

She quickly realizes that while she grew up and became an adult, the boy she loved has been stuck in high school…

…but she also finds out that he has a huge heart, and may be all that she will ever need.

Will they survive Christmas and fall in love, or will the tree cause a fire that kills everyone in the house?

“This might be cute,” Kathy says as she scrolls through.

“Not happening,” I say, “keep scrolling”.

The worst movie ever?

It might be ‘The Holiday’ with Cameron Diaz.

“What do you think will happen?” Kathy asked as the movie wound down.

“If they don’t all get incinerated in an arc flash situation I’m going to be horribly disappointed.”

And don’t even get me started on Christmas Songs.

I saw Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra sing ‘White Christmas.’ 

Horrible!

And I love Frank.

Ah well.

Keep scrolling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie