Dad & Gale Winds & Weird Christmas

We haven’t had a real Christmas around here in quite awhile.

2021 - Kathy had hip surgery - we were limited. Also, Covid was still a concern.

2020 - Covid

2019 - Kathy had spine surgery.

This was to be a more traditional year.

Uh-yeah.

We’re evidently on the verge of the mother of all storms.

Last night I spent some time reading through the weather alerts.

Buffalo about to get destroyed - the third huge storm in 30 days.

I freaking golfed 40 days ago!

And I thought a lot about Dad too, on his birthday.

We were going to get together and play cards tonight, but that’s been postponed. My Dad loved when we all played cards, and we spent hours playing a game that was a little like Crazy 8’s.

Dad didn’t much enjoy getting gifts.

He didn’t want his kids to spend money, but we always did because his birthday was so close to Christmas - we’d feel bad and we’d all go overboard on his birthday.

He’s truly missed.

And I thought what he might say about the coming storm.

He’d be calling all of us to see if we wanted to come over…

…and he’d be telling me what was for dinner.

He did that a ton of times while I was married…

…”I can’t Dad. I cooked for the kids.”

He’d call a whole lot to make sure we were getting along all right.

And I definitely got one thing from Dad…

…I don’t mind the storm if everyone is safe.

There is plenty of food served here…

…as there was at my parents house.

And we wait it all out.

What a weird holiday season.

4th one in a row.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie