Insane Passion

Man, they get worked up about soccer in other parts of the world don’t they?

I watched the announcer weeping after the World Cup Game yesterday and that display of emotion came just after he screamed something for a good three minutes.

I didn’t watch any of it. Even when the United States was still alive.

The Sabres seem to be on an upswing now and have good young talent coming.

I don’t think I’ve watched 20 minutes of hockey in the last ten years.

The NBA?

I’ve watched less than ten minutes of that since the turn of the century.

And now football.

I’ve only watched Bills games this year and not all of them. 

Seems weird to me that a lot of NFL games are settled by referees.

I find the injuries to the participants also wildly disgusting. That poor kid with the Jets was demolished and the doctors cleared him to return to the game.

A week later, he wasn’t cleared for the next game.

The Bills center left the game with a possible concussion and the news report said that “he has a history of concussions.”

That will turn into a lifelong battle with pain.

It’s all so rabid.

The snowballs coming from the stands, the hate directed at opposing players and teams, the social media attacks, death threats.

Senseless.

Now, I still have a passion for baseball and definitely would be happy if the Yankees won it all…

…but it’s just a game, people!

Not life or death!

But, hey, Go Bills, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie