Throwing Snowballs

I had a flashback to my youth when I saw the snowballs flying as the Dolphins got near the goal line.

“That’s dumb,” I said. “Chuck Foreman.”

Kathy just looked at me.

“He was a running back with the Vikings,” I said. “He got hit in the eye with a snowball.”

Google had the story, of course, and I was a little surprised that it happened way back in 1975, but I did recall a lot of the circumstances.

The Bills were getting pummeled by a very good Vikings team. Orenthal and Foreman were battling for the touchdown and rushing crowns for the year, and Orenthal won because Foreman couldn’t finish the game.

Back to last night.

The announcers thought it was kind of funny that the snowballs were flying. They went to the ref they have on staff to ask about penalties and he made a joke.

Then the game was held up.

Of course, Bills fans went crazy believing that Dolphins fans were just whining, and comparing it to the heat from the game earlier in the year.

Not the same thing.

I also thought of a Yankees game where the pitcher (Joba) got attacked by midges and couldn’t throw a strike.

The Yankees should’ve left the field.

Thankfully, the snowballs stopped or the answer might’ve been that Miami might’ve had to leave the field too.

I re-read the quotes from Bud Grant and Fran Tarkenton after the Foreman snowball incident from 47 years ago.

“Buffalo really should be embarrassed,” Tarkenton said.

That’s kinda’ what I was thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie