Goodbye 2022

Those of us who believed that the world would stop being weird in 2022 were sadly mistaken.

There were investigations and more crimes exposed and yet no one was arrested.

Snow destroyed our community this last month.

The blue versus red divide has grown larger.

Covid is still hanging around, but now we don’t talk about it.

Corporate greed…disguised as inflation…ruled the day.

I rang up a carton of eggs the other day and gasped.

More chaos.

There seems to be a lot of death (but maybe that’s just me getting older and hearing about more of them).

I didn’t break 80 this year. Lowest round was 83. Pops beat that with an 82. He got an eagle. I didn’t.

But we played a LOT and I was pretty consistent all year.

Didn’t release a book. Probably will in 2023.

There’s a lot to look forward to…

…I suppose.

The Bills have a shot.

Yankees are always in play.

Bruce is on tour this year and may release a 5-record box set.

And it seems like some of the lies are being exposed. Maybe 2023 will be the year when blatant lies are frowned upon again.

It’s weird, but I remember thinking about the year 2000. I was only 17 years old at the time and I thought:

“Man! I’ll be 36 years old at the end of the century!”

That seemed insane to me.

It was a long ways away!

And here we are…

…on the verge of 2023.

‘23’ has been my favorite number since Mattingly wore it on the back of his Yankees jersey.

Here’s to 23!

This is my year!!

Just around the corner to the light of day!

Happy New Year!🎊🎈🎆 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie