Bonanza

Stopped by to visit with my Mom around 11:00 yesterday morning.

An episode of Bonanza was just getting underway.

Love me some Bonanza.

It was the one where Little Joe was framed for pushing a girl off a cliff. 

“He didn’t do it,” Mom said. “He’s good looking.”

All the women loved Little Joe.

Hoss and Ben entered the scene and it was common knowledge when we were kids that Dan Blocker - the actor who played Hoss - had died young.

I mentioned it.

“He’s dead?” Mom asked, forgetting.

“Well, they all are now.”

We watched a scene unfold and Little Joe was on a horse.

“Little Joe is dead?”

“Michael Landon,” I said. “Yeah. He died young too. Pancreatic cancer.”

That didn’t go over so well.

We watched Ben and Hoss figure out the way to get their bro out of trouble.

Had some coffee and reminisced about old small town friends.

Ben was able to show the sheriff who the bad guy was and the episode marched to a happy conclusion.

For almost everyone.

“Can’t believe Little Joe is dead,” Mom said.

And I felt bad about it.

Turned the subject to Mannix.

We had all also liked that show.

“Is Mannix dead too?”

“They’re all still on television,” I said.

Mom watched as Gunsmoke started.

“All these assholes are dead too, right?”

I couldn’t help it.

She made me laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie