Griner Release

On Thursday morning I heard the news:

“Brittney Griner was being released from a Russian prison and was on the way home.”

The first thought I had was:

“Good.”

Then I forgot about it.

Checked in on social media after the work day and man, the rage!

By Americans!

There seems to be 3 reasons for this rage:

1). Griner knelt for the National anthem to protest a police shooting. 

2). A disgraced Marine (was dishonorably discharged) remains as a Russian prisoner. 

3). Griner is a black lesbian.

I saw a number of photos of Whelan in his Marine uniform. No mention of the crimes he was convicted of or the court-martial.

He disgraced the uniform.

Whelan was also arrested with 4 passports after trying to buy a USB drive from an agent with $70K in cash.

Griner had a vape pen with pot residue.

Now, I don’t want any American being held on bogus charges and I’m happy if one is released.

Whelan’s family was understanding of the negotiation saying that Whelan was never going to be part of such a deal.

It was Griner or nothing.

America chose to make the deal.

It’s still not going over well.

A lot of half-Information being shared.

A ton of outrage…

…which brings me to the question of ‘Why?’

Sad to say, but I think it’s because she’s a black lesbian.

Not much else makes sense.

Welcome home.

Be prepared for the hate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie