They’re In Charge

Had a couple of projects within a mile of the house so I stopped home for lunch.

Ollie met me at the door.

He didn’t have to say a word to communicate his intentions.

“You wanna’ play ball?” I asked.

He went nuts.

So, ten minutes of a quick stop home was me bouncing the ball off the garage 50 times - he probably caught 45 of them.

A few hours later, I walked back through the door, and Ollie had the same question in his eyes.

This time he caught 70.

Of course, I was just trying to tire him out so that he’d leave me alone for a few minutes while I tried to wind down.

Didn’t work.

I drink a lot of water during the evening hours and every time I get up to grab a bottle from the ‘fridge Miller follows me into the kitchen.

And asks for some of his cat milk.

I get in trouble for giving in…

…so I pretended not to give in.

Miller asked and I said, loud enough for Kathy to hear:

“No more milk today! You had a gallon.”

Miller asked again, louder.

“Nope. I’m in charge and I said ‘No.’

I heard Kathy laughing because she knew.

I had the milk container in my hand and I was dropping some on the plate.

Miller shut up as he started to drink it.

“I’m the boss, Miller!” I said. “You can have some tomorrow.”

I turned to walk back into the living room and Kathy was standing right there…

…watching Miller work on his saucer of milk.

“That’s why they think they run the house,” Kathy said. “Cause you let them walk all over you.”

“You ALL walk all over me,” I said.

I sat down and Ollie was right beside me.

He dropped a ball in my lap so I would throw it for him.

These bastards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie