Baseball ⚾️ Playoff Preview

To this day the best playoff season ever happened way back in 1986.

The Angels had a 3-1 lead on the Red Sox in the American League championship series and the Sox came back to win. The reliever who blew it for the Angels actually committed suicide a few years later.

In the National League the Astros-Mets series was the most entertaining series I’ve ever seen that didn’t involve the Yankees. I was working with Kevin Bass’ Dad on the job in San Jose.

Kevin Bass was an outfielder for the Astros. I was rooting hard for Kevin’s Dad.

And then the World Series was epic. I am not a fan of either the Mets or Red Sox but man. That was one for the ages and I was rooting for Boston!

Tells you how much I hated that Mets team.

This year, the playoffs may be even better. There are 4 games today - the wild card round - the Yankees have time off because they earned a bye.

I see it this way:

Cleveland over Tampa.
Seattle over Toronto (upset)
Cardinals over Phillies 
Padres over Mets (upset)

So round two:

Astros over Seattle
Yankees over Cleveland
Braves over Cardinals
Dodgers over Padres

Which takes us to the championship series:

Braves over Dodgers
Yankees over Astros

Which leads us to the World Series:

Yankees versus Braves.

We will talk about that as we get closer.

A lot can happen in a couple of weeks.

This year has the chance to upend 1986.

Best part?

The Red Sux aren’t involved.

They finished in the basement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie