Baseball Playoffs!

I’ve always enjoyed listening to baseball on the radio so I was glad that the games started at noon yesterday.

I was even happier when I got back to my office and could catch glimpses of Verlander getting slapped around, but after playing catch with Ollie, I started feeling anxiety…

…because the Yankees were starting at 7:30.

Yeah.

I don’t enjoy it all that much!

I get anxious!

Been that way since 1976 and the Reds clobbered the Yankees in the World Series.

Here’s the secret:

I feel the anxiety when the Yankees are on D.

Just get 3 outs.

When they’re at bat it’s all good because they can only score then…

…so I’m pretty relaxed when they bat.

Cleveland took a 1-0 lead but I was calm about it. My son Jake was texting me.

“Nervous?”

“Not really,” I said. “‘Cause if he keeps throwing that pitch there to Rizzo, he’s going to hit a bomb.”

A couple of innings later, as Rizzo rounded the bases to give the Yanks a 4-1 lead, my phone chimed.

“Rizzo hit a bomb,” he said. He added a ‘LOL.’

“Been watching this game a long time,” I said.

And I went to bed happy.

Off day tomorrow.

Up a game.

I’ll be all right come Thursday night!

October baseball is the best.

Wish I enjoyed it more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie