Friday Takes A Month!

I’ve always enjoyed the wind-down from a busy week and the feeling on Thursday night when you think:

“One more day! I can make it.”

I’ve always been interested in breakdowns of trends based on the day of the week.

When I was the safety dude at one company I had to document the incidents and near-misses and give them to the owner so he could see when the workers were being their most reckless.

“Guys get ‘hurt’ on Monday because they actually did it at home over the weekend and they want me to pay their medical bills.”

He was a cynical dude.

“Most workers take the day off on Friday because we pay them on Thursday and they get loaded and want a 3-day weekend.”

He was also suspicious.

But there was some science to all of it.

The most productive day of the week?

Tuesday!

I noticed that to be true…

…my phone rings more on Tuesday than any other day.

Worst time of the week to get a work call?

Friday after four o’clock.

A couple of weeks ago I received a work call at 4:44 on a Friday.

“What?” I answered.

The guy laughed.

“I know. It’s late on a Friday! It’s an easy one.”

And as I’ve grown older I find that many people don’t want to see the safety guy walk through the gate on a Friday afternoon.

“It’s almost Friday,” I said to an exasperated clerk at a convenience store.

“Good for you,” she said. “I don’t have a day off until Tuesday.”

What a waste.

She’s off on the most productive day of the week.

Happy Friday…

…seems like it takes a month some weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie