A Writing Update!

I’ve had a lot of thoughts since the release of “The Barking Lions” - a mostly fictional story and “Life Isn’t  Always Beautiful” a non-fiction, inspirational story about Dave & Carolyn Neisser.

Both books were honored at book festivals and landed pretty well…

…but I spent some time wondering what was next.

I enjoyed the short story format and wrote a half dozen of those - all of which I like - but I also went back and worked on the start of three other stories - all of which seem possible somewhere down the road.

Kicked around a ‘Barking Lions II’ as well and I’m excited about a sequel.

I have two books completely done as well…just sitting in the can…a mystery and a crime thriller…

…but I wanted something funny to come next.

Life has seemed humorless for a few years now with a lot of back and forth between people who see themselves as political enemies here in a country where we are supposed to be united.

So, I considered what I could use as a source of humor and perhaps I was inspired by my 40-year high school reunion.

I began by rehashing some of my less than stellar moments in just living a life.

I recalled something someone asked me once after a particularly embarrassing moment:

“What Are You, An Idiot?” 

The guy had asked me.

So, I started by outlining some instances where I did something that could be considered ‘idiotic’ and much to my chagrin…

…there was a pretty consistent pattern emerging.

I have lived a life of idiocy!

A lot of the stories are pretty comical, but the thing about writing ‘funny’ is that as an author, you never quite understand how amusing it truly is.

We are going to see!

“What Are You, An Idiot?” has emerged as the odds-on favorite for the next release and there’s a whole lot of material to work with.

From my first day of kindergarten (when I badly injured a classmate on the way to our lockers, to the day when I tried to set up a pool for my kids)…

…there’s little room for doubt.

I definitely know how to answer that guy’s question.

“Yes! It appears that I am!”

But we all have had moments in our lives when we’ve done something stupid, and there was also time for introspective thoughts as I began to understand that we all take ourselves too seriously.

Early to mid 2023!

I’m my own punching bag this time around!

A whole bunch of people who’ve shared my life also will make an appearance in some of these stories.

You know who you are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie