Need A Day

The baseball playoff schedule has been an absolute nightmare, and I have only moved from the couch to the bedroom after 6 or 7 innings of watching.

Can’t imagine these dudes moving around the country and then playing back-to-back days.

The Yankees started the playoff after being off for 5 days. Played one game, got a day off, played, rain-out, played 2, another rain out and then beat the Guardians, drank a little champagne, flew across the country and had to play a team who had rested for 4 days.

Yeah.

No advantage there, right?

I thought the Yankees played a couple of crisp games, but by mid-game last night I was looking forward to NOT watching a game on Friday.

I know people who think baseball is boring (a lot of people). I find the anxiety levels for a baseball game to be way higher than in any other sport.

Anything can happen at any given moment. I find it I way more intense than football, for instance, where they’ve made the game almost impossible for the defense. 

But not comparing sports here and not in turmoil if the Yankees don’t advance.

Since about 1976 the Yankees have entertained me more than I could have ever imagined.

7 titles. 10 World Series. 20 + playoff appearances and in contention every year. They haven’t finished below .500 in 3 decades!

A lot of hope.

A ton of tension.

Reggie to Mattingly to Jeter to Judge.

So much breaking of the balls with fans of other teams.

Sharing it all with friends and family who love the Yankees and watch every pitch too.

A great amusement in my life…

…but I need a night off!

Netflix tonight, or Dateline or 48 Hours…

…a husband murders a wife and gets caught…

…that’s the entertainment I need tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie