What If Rittenhouse Were Black?

I saw the video of the crying that Rittenhouse did on the stand.

I also saw footage of him in a bar, laughing and wearing a shirt about being free.

I read all the comments about how he should be found not guilty because he was acting in self-defense or to stop property from being damaged.

I wondered how those comments would read if Rittenhouse were black.

Extremely differently, I believe.

His mother loaded him, as a 17-year-old, with a gun, into a car and drove him into a protest zone.

He shot and killed two people and wounded another.

They weren’t shooting at him.

He didn’t have a badge.

And it makes me pretty sick that the judge is behaving as though the kid is a hero worthy of praise.

The crying jag that he went on was fairly embarrassing. I’ve never seen anyone cry like that. Perhaps that’s how he cries, but it seemed to be well-rehearsed.

I imagine that whether he’s innocent or guilty is split along the wonderful party lines that have been drawn, but anyone actually rooting for someone to get away with it is pretty lost.

Those in the comments openly rooting for him?

They’d be on the exact opposite end of the spectrum if Rittenhouse were a black man.

I’m thinking they’d be rooting for a lynching.

Two people died.

Someone should answer for that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Anyone who believes your claims obviously didn't watch the trial. His mother driving him there was disproven. Him crossing state lines with a rifle was disproven. People not shooting at him was disproven. (Ever hear of Alexander Blaine? What about the very audible shots after Grosskreutz was shot?) Even Grosskreutz testified that he wasn't shot in the arm until he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse.

It sounds like you get your news from social media.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie