Billy Crystal

I’ve always enjoyed Billy Crystal, in movies, on television and for being a longtime Yankees fan.

About a month ago I saw a copy of his autobiography in a bargain bin for a dollar.

Of course I bought it and I’ve always enjoyed autobiographical stories because you truly feel as if you know the author and it’s kind of a walk through time as you think about their careers.

He was Jody on Soap, Harry in ‘When Harry Met Sally’, DeNiro’s therapist and he worked closely with Robin Williams.

Let’s not forget, ‘Throw Momma from the Train’ with DeVito.

And a good Dad too.

What’s funny about the autobiography of the big stars is that they all seem to gloss over the getting famous part. It’s always like it just sort of naturally happened.

Good for them, I guess.

But there’s always hard work and sacrifice involved as well.

He did the comedy show routine and spent time away when his family is young.

There is one drawback to reading autobiographies though.

I’m always hesitant to read a book by a celebrity I like.

“What if they’re dopes?”

Will it take away from what they’ve done?

This one doesn’t.

I like him better now then I did going in.

Good book!

Only a buck if you’re lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie