November 22nd - Happy Birthday!

I’ve always envied my brother’s birthday. He was born on a historical day.

11/22/63

The day one John left the world and another John made a grand entrance.

And Mom always told the story perfectly.

She woke to a crying nurse just a few hours after giving birth.

“Why are you crying?” Mom asked.

“He’s dead,” the clueless nurse said.

“Who’s dead?”

“The president!” The nurse said between sobs.

“Get the hell out of here!” Mom yelled. “I thought you were crying for my son, you stupid son of a bitch!”

And Dad was not to be out done. They asked if he was named ‘John’ in honor of JFK.

“John is my name,” he said. “We had picked out Oswald, but the shooting changed our minds.”

And John certainly has been a great big brother from day one.

I came along 11 months later and the stories go that he used to climb into my crib, take my bottle, and go back to his crib to finish it.

They had to put a cage over his.

Happy Birthday!🎁 

We love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie