Snow!!!!

The puppy had no idea what the hell was going on.

In years past I’ve enjoyed the first snowfall of the year. Those days are long gone now.

“Oh God!” I yelled as Kathy drove to breakfast right through a winter wonderland.

(There was good news - there were potato pancakes on the menu and I devoured them, but saved one for Mom).

“It is the middle of November and we do live in Buffalo,” Kathy mentioned.

“Still sucks.”

I was thinking about the iced windshields, and the cold mornings, and my ice cold feet, and sore joints.

All garbage.

“I’m thinking it’s going to be in the 50’s next week,” Kathy said, in an effort to talk me off the ledge.

But it’s coming.

When I first saw the snow I instantly thought about February which is 28 days of pure hell.

(Other than watching Brady dance in the confetti).

There will be a search for the hoodie to wear under the high-visibility coat. I don’t take that hoodie search lightly because once I put it on I’ll wear it for 4 months straight.

I’ll also be searching for where my gloves and hat are. 

Back of my car? 

Somewhere in the basement?

“I love the change of seasons,” someone mentioned on one of the sites.

“I like when it changes to summer,” I said.

But here we are!

Trapped in the house with 3 animals.

“We have dates for golf in Florida,” my buddy said.

In February!

Thank God.

Let’s go make some snowballs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie