Grandma Lunches

Stray thought time.

Grandma Fuzzy was an amazing cook.

The best part about it though was that she was a creature of habit too!

She baked fresh bread every day, and there was always pasta!

Sometimes pasta was the bases of the daily lunch. Other times there was meat involved. Pork chops or steak or chicken…

…but there was a pasta featured as a side.

As the grandkids we had an open invitation, of course, but we had to show up early enough to give her a chance to make enough.

She was tremendous at putting tomatoes in a pan and whipping up a marinara.

(I’m drooling).

Grandma wasn’t the reason for this blog though. It was another guy’s grandma!

She was Italian-American as well.

One fine day, about 40 years ago, my buddy said, “Let’s go to MY grandma’s for lunch.”

We walked in and the aroma of garlic and onions and olive oil smacked me in the face.

“Sit! Sit! Sit!” She said, and she slapped a huge bowl of pasta and beans in front of me. There were huge hunks of pork too.

What I remember most about it was that she used elbow macaroni, and it was the perfect choice.

So, the stray thought that hit me yesterday morning was to try that sauce…

…based on that memory.

I used chicken for Kathy’s instead of pork, but I made quick work of my portion.

And saluted my old friend’s grandma and my loving grandmother.

I didn’t bake fresh bread, though.

That would’ve been too perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie