The Close-Out

November.

The years fly by, don’t they?

And the frozen windshield in the morning at the end of last week reminded me that I’m going to be cold soon.

I don’t care for cold.

Then Kathy mentioned ‘Thanksgiving.’

Damn! 

There’s a bit left to do here in 2021.

Tomorrow is Election Day. Thanksgiving in a few weeks. Christmas is right around the corner.

We’re in a weird funk regarding the holidays. When you start losing people in the family the holidays become a bit of a downer.

I know Kathy misses her Mom and sister. For me it’s Dad and my brother and there’s just a lot less pep in our step.

I was thinking about the days when the boys were young and we’d go out to my parents and they’d fill our car with presents for the boys.

Seems a lifetime ago.

But it’s definitely the home stretch.

Maybe we will go somewhere in January.

Arizona perhaps…

…this past week was devoid of sun.

That’s rough!

But come on, November…

…we’re ready for it.

How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

Comments

Tammie Lewis said…
102 days....oh wait, that was probably rhetorical! ha
At least the Braves beat the dang Cheaters!!! Baseball will be back before we know it! Enjoy the winter/holiday/lack of sun season.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie