Booster!

I have a friend who has been in the hospital for more than a month now.

He spent two weeks on a ventilator, and there were a lot of questions about whether he would live or die.

A few days after coming off the vent he said, “Man. Crazy shit.”

I’m glad he’s still with us, and I look forward to seeing him soon. I was actually on my way to visit him, but he wasn’t comfortable seeing his friends.

“I don’t want people to see me like this,” he said. 

Sad stuff.

Last month I visited the work bench of a man who passed away due to Covid. He was just 52 years old. His family is a mess.

So, I didn’t hesitate to get vaccinated back in April.

I have even less hesitation in getting the booster shot tonight.

I realize that there are zero guarantees. I may still come down with it, but I do believe that being vaccinated may save my life.

The man who survived, but had been on the vent for a couple of weeks was indeed vaccinated. He is also in his mid-70’s and has underlying conditions.

His vaccination did not stop him for contracting the virus, but it certainly may have saved him.

The 52-year old man died before the vaccination was available. He didn’t have underlying conditions and was in good shape. He didn’t live long. It took him out quickly.

And I have been asked by men who don’t believe that the Vaccine is safe. Makes me laugh because they will take horse de-wormer.

Also, as much as they don’t want to be told to take the vaccine they will scream at anyone who’ll listen that no one in the world should take the vaccine.

“It can make you infertile! They don’t have enough information about that!”

I’m 57.

I don’t want to be fertile anymore.

“You don’t know what might happen 20 or 30 years down the line.”

Yeah.

I do.

I’ll be drooling in a cup 30 years from now!

So, boost away.

I don’t feel like drowning in my own fluids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie