Challenges

 Mellencamp has a line in one of his old tunes that I think about a lot:

“Sometimes life is just too ridiculous to live.”

A downer of a line coming from the same guy who wrote:

“Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.”

I’m as steady as they come, I suppose. I keep my feet churning forward, so when a week like this week where Kathy has struggled, where she had a tooth broke and where her pain levels are high…

…I’m there.

“Thank you,” she said late yesterday.

“Yeah.”

Sam and Jake always need help too…

…push forward.

Dad is here.

Steady,

The backstop who catches all errant throws home.

It’s in the job description when they first place the child in your hands in the hospital maternity ward.

Worst part about parenting, though, is watching them walk into the walls that life puts up in front of you.

Ridiculous.

“Hang in there, buddy, we’ll figure it out,” I texted to Jake during the week ..

…he’s all good…

…was just bemoaning the craziness.

Then, this morning, Matt sent around a clip from a show…

…a funny, filthy joke…

To me, Jake and Sam…

…just sharing between the 4 of us.

“Don’t play in front of Mom,” he wrote.

Respecting his Mom.

A quick text, but it chases the ridiculous away for a few minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie