Winding Down

There's a definite chill in the air these mornings, but the temp was touching 80 on Tuesday afternoon.

So, summer is still hanging in there, but September has always been a transition month.

Back to school, the start of the football season, the pennant races are heating up.

I’m caught in between.

I want to feel the sun and absolutely love the summer, but I also get a little tired as the fun winds down.

And I also start feeling the dread of the coming cold.

I hate it that much!

And it’s funny, but every year around this time I hear from someone who says:

“The Farmer’s Almanac says that we’re gonna’ have a long, hard winter.”

“Shut-up,” is my usual answer to that.

Now, I have zero clue on what the good old almanac has said regarding this winter.

I’m not keen on hearing it.

I’m also dreading the countdown on how many Sunday tee times are left.

5?

We got a round in on November 15th last year!

Can’t count on that happening again.

And it feels as if it’s all winding down and the idea that there will be more rest coming is okay too.

Let’s just keep it above 40…

…huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie