The War is Over

The United States did not leave the dogs behind.

So, that story should die on the vine.

We lost a number or service men and women during the extraction. All way too young.

Just like the number of troops who died over there over twenty years of…

…of what?

Who knows what.

It started under a false premise and on and on and on and on it went.

Twenty years of death and destruction and so much money.

Make no mistake a whole bunch of defense contractors got rich. War is a profit machine.

Think of all of that when you hear that we can’t afford to help people here.

We certainly could afford to destroy things there.

I’ve never quite understood war. I distinctly recall being in second grade and asking a nun that if “God had a commandment like ‘Thou Shalt Not Kill’ what happened when someone killed someone in a war. Is God mad?”

I remember that the poor nun was absolutely stumped. She never answered me!

And war is romanticized and I’m one of those who wonders if society will ever evolve enough to truly bring peace.

Not in my lifetime.

“We should’ve just turned it all into a parking lot!” Is not an answer I can live with.

Afghanistan.

Just the name of the place brings up a whole lot of rage.

People who cheered the decision last year, hate it this year.

There was no clean way to break away.

Death is the name of the game.

That’s the price of war.

Mostly fought in the name of religion and peace.

It didn’t make much sense to me as an 8-year-old boy.

Still doesn’t.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie