Pennant Race

It has been a weird year for the Yankees.

The narrative has been that they stink, but in reality, they will win more than 90 games…

…which is not a bad year.

They only won 88 games in 2000 when they hammered the hapless Mets in the World Series.

So, there is still hope.

Here’s another little known fact…

…I absolutely HATE watching the Yankees play the Red Sox.

The games are usually way too long.

My hatred of the Sux overwhelms the game for me, and throw in the yellow uniforms the Sux were wearing last night…

…ugh!

So, I started watching the game on my phone.

“In play no out” for DJ.

Same for Rizzo.

“In play Runs” when  Judge finished his AB.

I turned it on.

7-0 after 3 innings with Cole on the mound after Stanton’s laser homer.

My brother John texted me.

We reminisced about the Boston Massacre when the Yankees made up the 14.5 game deficit by absolutely destroying the Sux.

We were kids.

Dad took us to our Uncle Mike’s so we could watch the game.

We both recalled the night in vivid detail.

It’s the little things that stick in your mind as time goes by.

I remember a lot of pennant races over the last 50 years.

The Jays had a 3 game lead with 3 games left. Yankees were playing them in Toronto.

I believed it would be a 3-game Yankee sweep.

Yanks won game 1 and were leading in game 2. I was with my college roommates listening to the game on the radio when Toronto took the lead and hung on to win.

Still makes me sick.

My roomies ripped me for a month.

When the Yankees win I am happy.

Mostly because I won’t hear from people bashing them.

I’m more relieved than excited.

The final on Friday was 8-3.

May the best team win and if Boston is the better team…

…May they lose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie