Angst!

The Yankees have been all around the playoffs - every single year - for the last 30 years.

They have had a winning record every year since 1993 and might have won the series in ‘94 had it not been canceled.

They did win 5 World Series while playing in 7. 

I don’t even remember how many times they made it to the ALCS and lost in heartbreaking fashion because it’s World Series or bust around here.

Pretty spoiled.

And this year’s team is no different. 

They are going to win more than they lose and still might make a playoff run, but man, they’re a tough bunch to watch.

They should be lining up their pitching for the playoffs but they just can’t stay out of their own way.

The entire season has been a grind and not a whole hell of a lot of fun.

I like the players, but they have under-achieved.

They’ve blown huge leads.

A few of their guys have had awful years. Gleyber, Frazier, Urshela, Chapman and Sanchez have all looked absolutely lost.

The team philosophy appears to be “Play two games and we will give you a day off.”

Every single guy on the team - except for Gardner - has been on the injured or Covid list at least once.

If you sneeze, you get an MRI!

And the manager, Aaron Boone, should pay the price when this mess of a season mercifully concludes.

There were just too many lackluster efforts.

But the rub is…

…I don’t have that incredible angst that I used to have back in the day.

I hear from Bills fans, Mets fans, Indians fans and Orioles fans.

“I have 7 championships to remember,” I’ll answer. “You’re still begging for one before you die.”

Angst?

Nah!

I’m okay.

30 years of always being right there.

Any other franchise would take that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie