Sudden Death

Heard about a work friend who passed away. 

Not even 40 years old.

The rumor is that he headed to an emergency room and despite being there for four hours…

…he died without even being examined.

The hospitals are full.

The nurses and doctors are worn to a nub and there are people out there who still swear that it’s all a massive hoax designed by the government to control us.

Heart attack victims, car accident victims, and a whole bunch of less serious injuries are being cast aside because the critical care units and the emergency rooms are stuffed with people suffering from Covid.

They’re all unvaccinated!

I don’t know how much evidence is required.

But it may have cost me a work friend.

Imagine rushing to the hospital because you are that ill and you wind up dying without even having someone take a look?

Just 40 short years.

He was a hard worker and a partier. He loved the Bills.

He was always smiling and ready for a long chat.

I think he deserved more out of a medical community that is on life support because of nothing.

Those hospital beds could be empty.

They should be empty.

“I don’t know what the vaccine can do to me,” an anti-vaxer explained to me at a party.

“But you KNOW what Covid can do,” I said.

“I’ll take my chances.”

But the galling thing about all of it is that all the people ‘taking their chances’ are taking away care from people who aren’t quite so cavalier about living or dying.

I’m not sure of anything and tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us, but the simple truth is that a lot of Americans have died and we don’t appear to be all that motivated to make it stop.

There’s certainly a tremendous cost associated with people who continue to take their chances.

And man.

That’s a shame.

Never thought I’d see something like this. Thought we were too evolved.

Guess not.

May my buddy rest in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie